FORUM ETIQUETTE <- read me!
NOTE: The Absinthe Forum is publicly readable but in order to post you must register first. To register you must have a valid email address and be of legal drinking age in your country or state.
1) ATMOSPHERE: Founded in 1997, Fee Verte is the oldest, biggest and most quoted online absinthe forum. We have a diverse, opinionated and passionate membership. Many of the key figures in the modern absinthe renaissance are members and regular contributors. Newcomers are welcomed, but please read our Absinthe FAQ carefully before posting – many basic questions are answered there. On joining the forum, please introduce yourself in the sub-forum provided. Like all true absintheurs, our members respect intelligence, knowledge, expertise, craftsmanship, artistic skill, creativity, independent thought, generosity of spirit, wit, humor, eccentricity, unusual physical beauty, and the ability to pour really slowly. If you have none of these qualities, we’ll settle for “not being an asshole”.
2) POSTING: Don’t start a new thread if there is an existing one which already deals with the topic you have in mind. When starting a new thread, please pick the forum sub-section that is closest to your subject. Due to the organic nature of the forum, we of course won't require that the thread remains on topic once it has started to veer, but we will move threads to a more appropriate section of the forum if necessary. When posting, please don’t quote the post immediately above yours unless absolutely necessary. If you must quote a previous post, only quote the words or phrases directly relevant to your post.
3) PROFILES, AVATARS, AND SIGNATURE LINES: Please select an avatar and complete your personal profile before posting. Signature lines are entirely optional, but if you do add one, it should be brief, relevant and should not contain links to other sites.
4) FORBIDDEN SUBJECTS: Discussions at Fee Verte are freewheeling and wide-ranging, and cover not just absinthe (and everything related to it) itself, but art, entertainment, politics, religion history and culture. Very few topics are off-limits, with the following noticeable exceptions:
5) TROLLS: We will not tolerate them, and they will be dealt with swiftly, silently and permanently.
6) CORRECT SPELLING AND GRAMMAR: We’re strongly in favor of it. It’s an elementary courtesy to your fellow members to express yourself clearly, lucidly and correctly. If you can’t spell, use a spell-checker. Allowances will of course be made for members who are not native English speakers (who are also welcome to post in their own language).
7) PRIVACY: Our members’ right to privacy is non-negotiable. You may not mention in any online post or PM sent via our messaging system another members personal contact details (real name, address, email address, telephone number etc) without the other person's express permission. Doing so, especially if the forum administrators believe it was done deliberately, is grounds for immediate expulsion. This forum operates on a system of mutual trust and respect, and we will not tolerate behavior that jeopardizes our members’ personal life, personal decisions & boundaries.
8) FLAMING: Anyone baiting or insulting other forum members in a violent or unpleasantly vitriolic manner (or responding to such baiting in an equally offensive way) may have their account suspended for one week, without warning. Repeat offenders may have their account suspended for a longer period, or permanently revoked, entirely at the moderator's discretion. Direct threats of physical violence are grounds for immediate expulsion.
9) HATE MAIL: If you send hate mail or inflammatory mail to either the admins or other forum members it will be publicly posted, your account will be revoked, and you may be reported to your ISP.